Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Not So Simple, or Beautiful For That Matter...

Yesterday was my first day as an actual student on a college campus. All of my classes in the morning went wonderfully, and I was really excited about everything.

UNTIL...

I went to work.

I was hired a couple weeks ago to work in a food court on my campus. My friend and her sister helped me get the job and I am so grateful for their help. However, I HATED my first day. It was chaos! I have never worked in food service before and I received no training. They threw me into the mix and fully expected me to perform like a seasoned veteran.

That was not the case.

I didn't know what the heck was going on.
All I knew is that I was brand new, there was a ridiculously long line, and no one was willing to help me.

Perhaps it's silly to be complaining about such a thing, especially since it's hard for anyone to find a job nowadays.

I just wish that yesterday I wasn't so alone.
I hate feeling alone.
It was my first real day away from my parents.
My first day taking college classes.
Overwhelming doesn't even begin to describe it.

I am grateful for the opportunity I have to attend this university, and I am equally grateful for such a good friend to help me find a job.

But sometimes, everything collides and a big explosion of emotions erupt.

I pray that I will have the strength to continue this job.
I pray that my faith will be sufficient to never give up.
And I pray that tomorrow, will be an easier day.

No comments:

Post a Comment